A three-person Board of Supervisors, elected at large, one of whom serves as Chairman, governs Spring Township. The term of office is six years, one supervisor being elected every two years.
Officers are nominated for Township positions at the annual organizational meeting held as required by the Second Class Code the first Monday in January, or Tuesday, if Monday is a legal holiday, and appointed to those positions by a majority vote of the board.
Meetings are held on the first Monday of every month at 7:00 PM. Public comment and participation is always welcomed and encouraged. Although Supervisors are responsible for the health, safety, and welfare of the citizens of the Township, their positions are essentially voluntary and not the primary occupation of the incumbents. Supervisors perform both legislative and executive duties. They legislate by setting policy, passing needed ordinances and resolutions, adopting budgets, and levying taxes. They also perform executive functions such as formulating the budget, enforcing ordinances, approving expenditures, and hiring employees.
Spring Township Supervisors
The Supervisors meet the first Monday of each month at 7:00pm in the Township Office. [calendar]
- Evadna C. Keller | Secretary / Treasurer | 717-789-4550
- Madden Engineering, Leonard Sizer | Sewage Enforcement Officer | 717-567-3680
- Evadna C. Keller | Driveway Permit Officer | 717-789-4550
- Madden Engineering, John Madden | Township Engineer | 717-567-3680
- Mark Allshouse, Esq. | Township Solicitor | 717-582-4006